LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (2008) Låt den rätte komma in
"The most beautifully emotional score yet to grace the undead." - IF Magazine
"If the great Georges Delerue had ever scored a vampire film, it would probably been as thematically rich, engrossing and deeply mournful as Johan Söderqvist's truly beautiful score for Let the Right One In." - Rue Morgue
"A brilliant combination of pathos and horror." - Main Titles
"Impressively subtle... no clichéd orchestral stings here... A striking piece of work." - Empire
"Johan Söderqvist's orchestral score enhances the different yet coherent moods with brio." - European Films
"Perfectly pitched score" - Fangoria
"Composer Johan Söderqvist scrupulously weaves together strains of bone-chillingly cold horror with the encompassing warmth of newly acquired love." - Ain't It Cool News
"Clearly one of the better horror scores of 2008; Söderqvist’s lovely main themes are worth the price of the purchase alone..."- Movie Music UK
"A very nice score, rich on pervasive atmospheres and compelling melodic phrasing, effectively preserved."- Randall Larson's Soundtrax
"A suitably moody soundtrack..."- Twitch
"Discreet but evocative score..."- Matt Riviera
Winner of 48 international film awards including:
• Winner of four Fangoria Magazine Chainsaw Awards, including the award for 'Best Score'
• Winner of Founders Award for Best Narrative Feature at the Tribeca Film Festival, New York.
• Winner of Rotten Tomatoes Critical Consensus Award at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
• Winner of Best European/North - South American Film Award and the Jury Prize for Best Film, Best Director, and Best Cinematography at the Fant-Asia Film Festival.
• Winner of the Critics Award at NatFilm Festival.
• Winner of the awards for Best Director and the Citizen's Choice Award at the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival.
• Winner of the Nordic Film Award and the Kodak Nordic Vision Award at the Göteborg Film Festival, 2008.
Director: Tomas Alfredson. Producers: Carl Molinder, John Nordling, Lena Rehnberg. Screenplay: John Ajvide Lindqvist. Starring: Kåre Hedebrant, Lina Leandersson, Per Ragnar, Henrik Dahl, Mikael Rahm.
The Story: Terrorized by bullies, lonely 12-year-old Oskar befriends a new neighbor, a mysterious young girl whose arrival coincides with a series of gruesome deaths and attacks. Though Oskar realizes that she's a vampire, his friendship with her is stronger than his fear.